|Information technology is everywhere in business.|
Information technology's impact on business operations.
- Information technology is everywhere in business.
Information Technology's Impact on Business Operations :-
- Organization typically operate by finctional areas or functional silos.
- Functional areas are interdependent.
Information Technology Basics :-
- Information technology (IT) is a field concerned with the use of technology in managing and processing information.
- Information technology is an important enabler of business successand inovation.
- When beginning to learn about information technology it is important to understand - a)Data, information, and business intelligent b)IT resource
- Management information system (MIS) - a general name for the business function and academic discipline covering the pplication of people, technologies and procedures to solve business cultures.
- MIS is a business function similar to Accounting, finance, operations and human resource.
- DATA -raw facts that discribe the characteristics of an event.
- INFORMATION -data converted into a meaningful and useful context
- BUSINESS INTELLIGANCE -applications and technologies that are used to support decision - making efforts.
Organizational information culture include :-
- Information functional culture - employees use information as a means of exercising influenceor power over others. For example, a manager in sales refuse to share information with marketing. This causes marketing to need sales manager's input each time a new sales strategy is developed.
- Information Inquiring Culture - Employees across departments search for information to better understand the future and align themselves with current trends and new directions.
- Information Discovery Culture - Employees across departments are open to new insight about crisis and radical changes and seek ways to create competitive advantages.
- Information Sharing Culture - Employees across departments trust each other to use informations (especially about problems and failures) to improve performance.